Monday, June 29, 2009

Driving After Brain Cancer Surgery



Brain Surgery (Craniotomy) - Questions & Answers  ... cerebellar tremor, and brain cancer to evaluate procedure risks and benefits to ... Find someone to drive you home after the surgery. ...

Life After a Brain Tumor: One Man's Story  Brain Cancer Health Center. Font Size. A. A. A. Life After a Brain Tumor: One Man's Story ... During the surgery, I was wide awake and speaking throughout my ...

Brain Cancer Childhood Cerebral Astrocytoma  ... cancer left after surgery, radiation therapy may be given following surgery, or ... Center Drive, MSC 2580 Bethesda, MD 20892-2580 ** ABOUT PDQ ** PDQ is a ...

Ted Kennedy Brain Tumor Surgery At Duke University Medical Center ...  Sen. Edward Kennedy underwent what his doctors called successful surgery Monday to treat his cancerous brain tumor, and told his wife shortly after that he "felt ...

Brain Tumor Types: The Brain Tumor Program at University Hospital ...  Others, called secondary brain tumors, are the result of cancer that has spread ... these tumors but are probably best used as adjuvant treatments after surgery. ...

About Brain Tumors  The usual treatment after surgery is radiation and chemotherapy. ... University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center. 1500 East Medical Center Drive ...

Roswell Park Cancer Institute - Transsphenoidal Surgery - Comprehensive ...  Types of Cancer > Brain Cancer > Treatment Options > Transsphenoidal Surgery ... If there is residual tumor after surgery for acromegaly, Cushing's Disease, or ...

Brain Cancer - Chemotherapy - oncologychannel  Some cancer cases require chemotherapy after surgery and radiation. ... restoring normal daily functioning, from working with one's hands to driving. ...


I am doing well so far with recovery from the brain surgery to have the tumor removed. Surgery went very well and the doctors are happy with the results that they do know and are feeling positive about the remaining part of the tumor. I have been so blessed, no headaches to speak of and no serious complications up till and including now. I am exhausted, my body feels like it has been through a 10 year war, my blood is a mess and the restrections of my recovery period are just so much. I more or less can not do ANYTHING other than rest. I am not allowed to lift ANYTHING, no steps unless I have no other choice, walking for 5 minutes is ok. No driving, limit time that requires me to focus on one thing such as using the computer and watching tv. sleep sitting up for at least 4 - 6 weeks, so the recliner is now my best friend. I did quit smoking and I WONT GO BACK! Everything I do requires assistance. I am not allowed to even chew too much at this point. It takes me at least an hour to eat something. I am craving WATER, ice water I have had only about 3 diet sodas since surgery. While in the hospital the day after surgery I drank a gallon or more of water.

Questions to Ask Your Doctor about Brain Cancer - oncologychannel  ... brain cancer. Questions to ask your doctor about brain cancer. ... Drive a car? Will I need home care after surgery and/or during other brain cancer treatments? ...

NCI Cancer Bulletin for March 24, 2009 - National Cancer Institute  Obesity Worsens Survival after Pancreatic Cancer Surgery ... Physicians decide how to treat brain cancer in part based on what a patient's ...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: